Switch Founder and CEO Rob Roy believes in building a better Nevada and moving the state forward. Through technology, education and economic diversification, Switch is executing the following initiatives and partnerships:
- Partnered with Switch’s global client partners to drive the Cherry Creek Supercomputer to be placed in the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Created the SUPERLOOP rural broadband Initiative to bring connectivity to rural schools throughout Nevada
- Member of Governor's Board of Economic Development to support all aspects of the state’s growth in attracting great talent
- SUPERNAP executives lend leadership on technology, education and arts boards to make a difference in Nevada
- Philanthropic focus on economic development and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) education, donating $10M+ annually toward education
- Co-creation of Planet 3, an exploration-based digital learning platform educating through STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math)
- Strong focus on supporting the Arts in the communities they serve
- Creation of The Innevation Center: Location in northern and southern Nevada, these collaborative business hubs offer coworking and community event venues that are driving Nevada’s new innevation economy forward. Rob Roy has donated these centers to the communities that Switch serves. As the most successful technology entrepreneur in Nevada's history, Rob Roy created The Innevation Center as a result of his passion for enabling a more diverse Nevada economy. He is "paying forward" the success of Switch by helping to empower Nevada's next generation of economic leaders. Emerging tech companies, global powerhouse brands from SUPERNAP, economic developers, educators, artists, community stakeholders and universities collaborate at The Innevation Center to move Nevada forward. Together.
Switch Green Initiative: Our stated goal to run all of our data centers using 100% renewable energy. The efficient, cost effective and ecologically sound use of power is no longer a choice.The earth’s environment does not have the luxury of waiting years for a change. The time for change is now.